The sparsely populated Kalahari Desert and its fringe.
The northern part of the country with the Okavango Delta and good game reserves like Chobe National Park and Moremi National Park
Home to the capital, Gaborone, and most of the country's population
- Gaborone or Gabs is a neat and tidy little capital with rapidly growing shantytowns on the periphery
- Okavango Delta - A unique geological formation where a delta is formed by a river (the Okavango) flowing into the Kalahari desert instead of the ocean. Part of the Delta is designated as Moremi National Park
- Central Kalahari Game Reserve
- Chobe National Park - a great place to see wildlife, and a good point from which to move on to Victoria Falls.
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Nxai Pan National Park
- Northern Tuli Game Reserve - a unique corner of Africa where nature & culture combine in spectacular wildlife, stunning scenery and fascinating history