Nightlife in Addis Ababa
- Affoy. The upstairs, where the bar and hookah are, is a little run-down but the pizzas are good.
- Black Rose, Boston Bldg, Bole Rd (above the Boston Day Spa). The energetic atmosphere is dark yet comfortable and fashionable, and the bar serves a variety of drinks. Live jazz jam session every Th night.
- Club Deep. There is a small cover charge, but the drinks are inexpensive. Avoid the bathrooms as they are filthy beyond belief.
- Divine. Bole Rd (on the top floor of Sheger House). Very Western-oriented playlist, with ample space for relaxing and a pumping dance floor on weekends.
- Dome Club. Concorde. Debre Zeyit Rd. Sticky and dark, more of a dive bar/club.
- Gaslight. Fancy nightclub at the Sheraton. Inside it feels like an upscale Western disco. Don't wear jeans or trainers/sneakers, as they have a fairly strict dress code. Although there is no entrance fee, be prepared to pay heavily for drinks.
- Illusion, cnr Ras Desta Damtew St & Itegue Taitu St (under the Ambassador Theatre). Dance till 05:00. Very crowded on weekends, yet that adds to its charm.
- Kaldi's Coffee, . This is a coffee shop similar in many aspects to Starbucks. Kaldis has 22 locations around the city and sell a a variety of products including coffee, tea, burgers, sandwiches, juice and pancakes.
- Meda Sports Bar and Grill. Large, spacious bar which is comfortable for chatting or watching a game. The downstairs lounge provides a more intimate setting for quiet conversations. Upstairs, the loft has a relaxed, casual dining atmosphere.
- Memo. This club is popular for its late night atmosphere. It is one of the few clubs that charges admission, and be warned about the price of drinks. But the music is loud and good, the kitchen is open late and it makes for a great night.
Ethiopia - Travel guide