- Libreville - Capital
- Cap Lopez
- Port-Gentil bordered to the coast of the South Atlantic Ocean
- Akanda National Park — mangroves & tidal flats are home to migratory birds and turtles.
- Banteke Plateau National Park — savanna crossed by rivers with rope bridges for the locals; home to forest elephants, buffalo, & antelope.
- Crystal Mountains National Park — misty forests rich in orchids, begonias, & other flora.
- Ivindo National Park — two of Central Africa's most magnificent waterfalls; gorillas, chimpanzees, & forest elephants gather around its rivers and waterholes.
- Loango National Park — a 100-km stretch of virgin beaches and adjacent rainforest, both scenic and a place to view leopards, elephants, gorillas, & monkeys on the beach.
- Lopé National Park — mix of savanna & dense forest along the Ogooue River; float along the river in pirogue, view ancient rock engravings, or track gorillas or mandrill monkeys with a pygmy guide.
- Mayumba National Park — sandy peninsula home to the world's largest population of nesting leatherback turtles.
- Minkebe National Park — highland forest with large sandstone domes, home to elephants and forest-dwelling antelope and giant hogs.
Gabon - Travel guide