- Conakry — capital
- Dalaba — a small town often dubbed the "Switzerland of Guinea" because of its relatively mild temperatures and nice scenery.
- Kankan — the second city
- Fouta Djalon — scenic region of forests and cultivated valleys ideal for hiking through Fulani villages or in search of waterfalls.
- Loos Islands — a former slaving base, these forested islands with sandy beaches near Conakry are a popular weekend escape for expats.
- National Park of the Niokolo-Badiar (Parc National du Niokolo-Badiar) — savanna along the Senegal border home to antelope, monkeys, lions, & leopard during the dry season.
- Mount Nimba Strict Nature Reserve is a UNESCO World Heritage Site partially in Guinea and partially in Cote d'Ivoire.
- National Park of the Upper Niger (Haut Niger National Park) — headwaters of the Niger River; home to hippos, elephants, buffaloes, chimpanzees, and waterbuck.
Guinea - Travel guide