Sights & Landmarks
- Cathédrale du Sacré Cœur.Beautiful house of worship built by the French in 1910, renovated in 2004.
- Centre Céramique, Rue Bouët.After tourism, ceramics and pottery are probably Grand-Bassam's biggest industries. This is both a museum of Ivorian traditional ceramic and a exhibition hall for the works of local artisans.
- Mairie de Grand-Bassam (Town Hall), Boulevard Gouverneur Angoulvant.Recently restored French colonial building.
- Musée National du Costume (Costume Museum). Housed in the former French governor's palace, this architectural gem with its large outer staircase is one of the main attractions in town. Its excellent collection of traditional costumes, masks, ornaments and ethnographic photographs provides a fascinating insight in the culture and history of Ivory Coast, both during and outside colonial times. The 4000m2 museum premises furthermore holds various publications, models of traditional houses and life-size dancing scenes. If your budget allows, consider hiring a guide for extra information. CFA 1000.
- Old Post Office. An elegant building that has also been restored recently. No longer functions as a post office.
- Palais de Justice (Law Courts). Constructed in 1910, it was used as a court until 1954. This building has not been as lucky as the other French colonial structures, and has reportedly decayed beyond repair.
- Maison des Artistes. Unlike some other buildings in town, the name of this colorful building actually describes what it's used for. In this "house of the artists" you can watch local sculptors and other artists working and see and buy their creations.
FLIGHTS & HOTELS
- We have access to a global database of flights by 728 airlines and 200 flight booking agencies, which allows us to find flights in real time and compare them with each other.
- We collects prices at the 200 largest hotel reservation agencies and official websites of hotels. Get all prices in just one place.
- We use TrustYou™, the smart semantic analysis system, to gather reviews from many booking services (including Booking.com, Agoda, Hotel.com and others), and calculate ratings based on all the reviews available online.