- Maseru — the capital
- Hlotse (also known as Leribe) — regional market hub, with great craft shopping!
- Mohale's Hoek
- Qacha's Nek
- Quthing — fantastic rock art nearby
- Teyateyaneng (often referred to as just 'TY') — the craft centre of Lesotho
- Afriski — Ski and Mountain Resort for Skiing in Winter (June - September) and Mountain Adventure Sport in Summer (October - April)
- Sehlabathebe National Park — remote mountain reserve great for hiking with rare wildlife, impressive waterfalls, and ancient rock paintings and stone shelters.
- Ts'ehlanyane National Park — Sub-alpine National Park at the foot of the Holomo Pass. Home to one of the few remaining Che-Che (old wood) forests, with hiking trails and pristine rock pools and rivers.
- Katse — Pony-trekking and the impressive Katse Dam.
- Malealea — Pony-trekking
- Morija — Museum, dinosaur footprints
- Oxbow — One of the handful of places in Africa to go skiing!
- Semonkong — Maletsunyane Falls — one of the highest single drop waterfalls in the world.
- Thaba Bosiu — The mountain stronghold where King Moeshoeshoe the Great established the Kingdom of Lesotho,
Lesotho - Travel guide