Namibia's country code is 264. Each city or region has a two-digit area code. When calling long distance within Namibia, prefix the area code with a '0'. Mobile phones are very common and run on the GSM network, using the same frequency as Europe and the rest of Africa. There are Internet cafes in all major towns, and hostels often have access as well.
Festivals & Events
The public holidays in Namibia are:
- January 1. New Year's Day
- March 21. Independence Day
- Easter weekend. ("Good Friday", "Easter Saturday", "Easter Sunday" and "Easter Monday"): a four day long weekend in March or April set according to the Western Christian dates.
- May 1. Workers Day
- May 4. Cassinga Day
- May 25. Africa Day
- August 26. Heroes' Day
- December 10. Human Rights Day
- December 25. Christmas Day
- December 26. Day of Goodwill (Family Day)