Things to do
- There are loads of National Parks for those wanting to watch Tanzania's wildlife. You can gain entry for around $100 US and benefit from a tour (and perhaps a night's accommodation). The better parks, though packed with tourists, are found in the north of the country. Ruaha National Park is the best in the south (locals actually say this is the best park, especially if you want to see wild animals as opposed to semi-tame ones in the northern parks). Don't just be sucked into the tourist circuit in the north; the south offers great parks and towns (base yourself out of Iringa), and you will feel less of a tourist and more of a guest if you travel this way.
- Scuba diving in and around Pemba and Zanzibar is another good experience.
- You can also visit numerous historical Slave Trade sites located in Bagamoyo, which could make for an interesting, if a little depressing, excursion.
- Beaches: Did you know that Tanzania has some of the best, most unspoiled beaches in the world? They are stunning, with their white sand, palm trees, and cool Indian Ocean water!
- Kayak the beautiful coastal waters with a tour operator.
- Tanzania has two of the best Stone Age sites in the world: Isimila Gorge (near Iringa) and the earliest known examples of human art among the rock paintings, near Kolo, north of Kondoa, Dodoma -- some of which are reckoned to be around 30,000 years old.
- Kilimanjaro is one of Tanzania's main attractions. Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa. Many visitors come to Tanzania to summit this great mountain. The main peak is estimated to be 5895m high making it a real challenge for mountaineers.
- Kilimanjaro Travel (Camping Safaris), Boma Road, Rindi Lane, . Camping safaris in Tanzania is most loved safari tours in Tanzania. Camping safaris is on several travel categories like luxury mobile camps, luxury tented camps. There is also most affordable and comfortable basic camping safaris. Basic camping safaris is also known as budget camping safaris.
Camping safaris is widely used for wildlife safaris and vacation holidays. Camping safaris can be planned for photographic safaris, ecotourism, budget Tanzania safaris, bird watching, walking safaris and responsible travel.