Shopping in Kabul
The Share-e Naw area has some shops.
- The Kabul City Center, next to the park, has some very smart shops.
- Majid Mall. Is in Supreme Tower. It is the largest shopping mall in Afghanistan.
- Roshan Plaza has some quite respectable clothes shops.
- Chicken Street is famed for its tourist offerings (carpets, carvings, knives, etc.), and pirated CD/DVD's.
- Chelsea Supermarket sells many types of Western foods and products.
- Supreme Supermarket on the Jalalabad Road (near the British military base) has Western products, but currently no alcohol is available. It is not open to Afghans. A little further down the road is Ciano, an Italian commissary. There is frequently a security alert on the Jalalabad Road.
- Spinneys Seems to cater to NGOs. Can buy most Western products and food. They had turkeys and a lot of traditional side dishes available for Christmas last year.
- Shah M Book Co (Across from Mustafa Hotel). The best bookshop in the city, it has a good selection of coffee table books and books about Afghanistan. Prices are high, but you'll appreciate his selection.
- Finest Super Markets (Share-e-now, opposite Kabul Business Centre). Finest Super Market has four branches in Kabul, 1-Wazir Akbar khan 13th St (but this store was blown up on 28 Jan 2011), 2- Opposite Kabul Business Centre, 3- Kart-e-sai and 4- Kart-e-Parwan. Normally you can find most of your daily needs and has high quality goods.
A few ATMs that accept international cards are scattered around the city, and most dispense both Afghanis and US dollars. However, credit cards are unlikely to work or be accepted anywhere in the city, except a couple of the top end hotels.
- Afghanistan International Bank (AIB). Has a few machines around Kabul, including one inside the Kabul City Centre shopping mall. They dispense in Afghanis and US dollars, however they are often reluctant to part with any cash and sometimes dispense old, ripped notes.
- Azizi Bank. Has many branches in the city.
- Kabul Bank. Has many branches in the city.
- Western Union. Has many branches across the city.
- Money Changers – some people prefer to exchange their money for Afghanis through the local money changers that stand on the road. There is no fee to exchange money this way, but make sure you know the exchange rate before attempting this.
FLIGHTS & HOTELS
- We have access to a global database of flights by 728 airlines and 200 flight booking agencies, which allows us to find flights in real time and compare them with each other.
- We collects prices at the 200 largest hotel reservation agencies and official websites of hotels. Get all prices in just one place.
- We use TrustYou™, the smart semantic analysis system, to gather reviews from many booking services (including Booking.com, Agoda, Hotel.com and others), and calculate ratings based on all the reviews available online.