- Thimphu - The capital city
- Jakar - Administrative city to the north and birthplace of Buddhism in Bhutan.
- Mongar - One of the largest cities in eastern Bhutan.
- Paro - The location of the international airport and Taktsang Monastery.
- Punakha - Former winter capital of Bhutan. It hosts the Monastic Body in winter.
- Phuentsholing - A town on the Indian border. The point of entry for travelers arriving by bus from Kolkata.
- Samdrup Jongkhar - An administrative town in the southeast, near the Indian border.
- Trashigang - A picturesque administrative town in the east.
- Trongsa - A small administrative town famous for its dzong and the Tower of Trongsa
- Jigme Dorji National Park
- Jigme Singye Wangchuck National Park
- Royal Manas National Park
- Thrumshingla National Park
Wildlife sanctuaries/Nature reserves
- Bomdeling Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khaling Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phibsoo Wildlife Sanctuary
- Sakteng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Toorsa Strict Nature Reserve
Official Site of National Parks and Protected Areas in Bhutan: [www]