Nightlife in Phnom Penh
Places to hang out after dark include St 104, St 278, and St 108 around the St 51 corner, which all feature restaurant bars, hostess bars, and guesthouses.
- Blue Cat, St 110 (Just off the riverside).Classy bar, friendly staff, fun popular place with free pool and a night club upstairs. Cheap cocktails.
- Blue Chili, 36Eo, 178 St (Behind the National Museum), , e-mail: [email protected]. One of the more popular gay bars.
- Eclipse Sky Bar, cnr Monivong and St 232. Tallest sky bar in Phnom Penh, is a hidden gem in the heart of the city’s business district. From the roof of the 22-story Hyundai Phnom Penh Tower, the view of the city is breath-taking, and the soft mix of pop music in the background adds to the bar’s relaxed ambiance. $3 Tiger draught beer.
- FCC and Guesthouse (Sisowath Quay). Overlooking the river. Excellent place to meet professionals and tourists. Happy hour 17:00-19:00.
- Le Moon terrace bar, riverside (roof of Kwest). open 5PM to 11PM. Open in November 2010, this is the first open terrace facing the riverside life of Phnom Penh. It's an open-air lounge bar that serves finger foods as well as drinks including cocktails, and a great location for enjoying sunset.
- Liquid, 3B St 278 (Next door to Equinox). Daily, 08:00-late. Polished concrete, gun-metal grey floor, chocolate leather seats and fabulously backlit bar serving some of the best and most inventive cocktails in town. One of the only slate pool tables in town. As much a mid-week bar as a weekend bar.
- Rubies, St 240. Wine bar popular with young expats working for local NGOs. Busy with a cliquey atmosphere on a weekend night.
- The Terrace Pub (Just off the main riverside road, look for the big UK flag on the right side of the street). British-owned pub. USD0.75/beer and friendly staff.
- UpDownbar, St 136 (Across the famous 136 Bar). Relaxed atmosphere, with a bar upstairs and on the ground floor.
- Show Box, #11, St 330. A venue for the Khmer contemporary alternative music and art scenes that have begun to spark interest in modern-day Phnom Penh. Cheap beer and good food too. Katy Perry pizza Monday nights and also every other Thursday, along with a quiz that starts at 8PM.
- Equinox, St 278 (Near St 51). One of the best live music venues in town with weekly concerts from locals and expat bands. It's also a 2 storey cocktail bar featuring monthly art exhibitions by local and international artists, gaming room with a pool table and the unique bonzini foosball table of Phnom Penh, cool tunes, good food. Increasingly popular with expats. Happy hour 17:00-20:00.
- Sharky's Bar & Restaurant, #126 St 130 (About 3.5 blocks from the "Psar Thmei" (new market)). Since its opening in 1995, Sharky's has been rocking & rolling. Upstairs on the first floor above street level. Large space, huge centre bar, outside balcony and with plenty of available seating. Most moto taxis will understand "Shockeee Bah".
- Slur Bar, Street 172, near St 51. Live venue & Sport Bar. Weekly concerts and open mic on Monday.
- 69 Bar. Popular dance-oriented hostess bar.
- Barbados (South of St 104 near the river). Hostess bar. Buy 5 beers and get 1 free.
- Golden Vine, St 108 (next to two other bars Zapata and Enigma). Hostess bar with pool table.
- Martini Pub & Disco, St 95 (One block off Monivong Blvd, across from the Total Gas Station). Infamous girlie bar. 2 full bars, food USD2–6, burgers & fries, pizza, Asian dishes, gaming room, disco, outdoor big-screen showing movies or sports. There some copycat Martini bars in other places like Sihanoukville and Siem Reap, but this is the original. A place for single men and loose ladies.
|A note on hostess bars|
Surveys have found that the HIV rate among Cambodian female sex workers is about 13%.
- OneZeroFour Bar, St 104. Popular low-key hostess bar. The bar has a good range of single malt whiskys.
- One3Six Bar, St 136. Popular hostess bar. Great range of drinks plus they keep their 42 Below and Grey Goose in the freezer, so the shots are really smooth.
- Shanghai Bar & Restaurant (corner of St 51 and St 172), . 3:30PM-3AM. One of the oldest hostess bars in Phnom Penh, however is not pushy and does not have a bar fine. Downstairs bar has a great music collection 60's 70's 80's $ 90's. 1st floor lounge disco and rooftop terrace. Prices are reasonable and also has a great value Sunday roast at $6.
- Pit Stop, St 51. Popular hostess bar.
- Sugar Shack, Sothearos St (The street in front of the National Museum and Palace). Classy little hostess bar featuring a nice selection of wines, champagnes, and single malts.
- Walkabout, St 51. 24/7. Food and good pool tables. Many freelance girls congregate here. Popular after hours bar, also has rooms available.
- Zanzibar, St 104. High energy hostess bar with reasonable prices and a pool table upstairs, very popular among expats.
- Zapata Bar, St 108 (next to Golden Vine bar). Stylish air-con hostess bar with a good range of drinks, and no pool table or food to distract you from the lovely ladies.
FLIGHTS & HOTELS
- We have access to a global database of flights by 728 airlines and 200 flight booking agencies, which allows us to find flights in real time and compare them with each other.
- We collects prices at the 200 largest hotel reservation agencies and official websites of hotels. Get all prices in just one place.
- We use TrustYou™, the smart semantic analysis system, to gather reviews from many booking services (including Booking.com, Agoda, Hotel.com and others), and calculate ratings based on all the reviews available online.