Nightlife in Sihanoukville
Golden Lion Plaza at Occheteal Beach, 10 friendly bars in one street, all for picking up prostitutes. Avoid this area unless you are looking for that.
The trend on Serendipity Beach is to advertise a permanent happy hour, which usually implies cocktails for USD2-2.50 and draught Anchor beer for as little as USD0.50-0.75. Beer prices generally rise to USD1 at night with cocktails remaining USD2-2.50.
- Dolphin Shack (On Serendipity Beach). USD0.50 happy hour draught, USD2 vodka mixers, outside dance floor. The most crowded bar on the beach for both tourists and locals, especially popular late night.
- JJ's Playground (On Serendipity Beach). The main competitor to Dolphin Shack and Nap House, a late night bar open on Serendipity Beach, attracting a large Western crowd and has inexpensive drinks throughout the day and night. Unlike Dolphin Shack, JJ's does not allow in the local "bar girls".
- Maybe Later (On the way to Serendipity Beach). Late night bar and Mexican restaurant offering tacos, burritos, quesadillas, nachos and more. Good cocktails and quality drinks.
- Nap House (On Serendipity Beach. From Golden Lion Roundabout, go Beach Rd south and continue on steep road down to beach. Last plot on the right, beach front). Open late. Open air disco. Loads of people.
- Sky Bar & Restaurant (Just off Serendipity Beach). USD0.50 happy hour draft. 09:00-19:00. USD2.50 cocktails, Western and Khmer food, run by 4 super friendly sisters. A great place to hang out and make new friends.
- Utopia Guesthouse (On the hilltop on the main street above Serendipity Beach). Open late. Beers as low as USD0.25 during the day and USD1 at night. A combined budget guesthouse and large bar. More relaxed atmosphere than the hectic beach bars, begins to get crowded after 23:00. Utopia is the main late night drinking spot in the serendipity area that is not on the beach.
Bars in town:
- Captain Morgan (Golden Lions Plaza). Open late. Nice looking bar with friendly staff. Food and snacks.
- Emerald Bar (Near the bus station downtown). Irish pub, established in 2004. This restaurant and bar serves Irish whiskey, Guinness, and has a great menu of Irish foods.
- Cheers Cambodia (About 1km past CT Clinic going towards the new bus station), , e-mail: [email protected]. The first 100% gay boutique hotel, restaurant and bar in Sihanoukville. Has seating for over 60 at the moment & standing room for over 200. Surrounded by palm trees and gardens, the bar is behind the hotel, so it is very private. The bar is tastefully lit by LEDs. All rooms are deluxe. All rooms have en suite fully tiled baths, 4-6m square with Panasonic hot showers, furnished to the highest standards with furniture from Malaysia, the latest LG LCD flat screen televisions and air conditioning, cable TV, handmade curtains, custom made beds, in-room fridges, and free Wi-Fi in all areas. All air-con deluxe: USD39-69.
- Star Bar (Downtown, behind Shell gas station). Extremely cold Anchor draught beer (happy hour USD0.50, rest of the day USD0.75). Friendly waitresses. Good pool table. Decent kitchen with Western-oriented menu. Popular Wednesday evening barbecue, USD2.
FLIGHTS & HOTELS
- We have access to a global database of flights by 728 airlines and 200 flight booking agencies, which allows us to find flights in real time and compare them with each other.
- We collects prices at the 200 largest hotel reservation agencies and official websites of hotels. Get all prices in just one place.
- We use TrustYou™, the smart semantic analysis system, to gather reviews from many booking services (including Booking.com, Agoda, Hotel.com and others), and calculate ratings based on all the reviews available online.