Museums & Galleries in Tianjin
- Garden of Serenity - Former Residence of Pu Yi, The Last Emperor of China (静园; Jìngyuán), 70 Anshan Road, Heping District; 和平区鞍山道70号(hépíngqū ānshāndào 9hào) (take bus# 3, 50, 673, 632, or 800 to Anshan Road. You can also take Subway line 1), . , Jingyuan Garden with a history of 80 years is a famous residence combined both Chinese and European architecture style. It is now one of the heritage sites under city protection and the important historic architecture under the special protection area of Tianjin. Built in 1921, Jingyuan Garden, also named Qianyuan Garden, was the private residence of Lu Zongyu, minister-counselor to Japan appointed by the Northern Warlords’ Government. Later it was named by Puyi, the last emperor of the Qing Dynasty on July 1929 when he settled here with his wives. “Jing” means stillness in English and the Garden was named by the emperor who tried to strengthen himself with noble spirit by living in a peaceful environment. Jingyuan Garden with an area of 3360 square meters consists of three sets of courtyards, the front yard, the back yard and the side yard. The main building is a two-storied Spanish architecture. The first floor serves as a living room, a dining room, guest rooms and a kitchen, while the second floor as bedrooms, a library and a chamber. The exterior walls and balconies with projecting brims were used to add more room to the building. In front of the garden will be built a garden, in which enormous poplars, pagoda trees and cloves are planted and some ponds and pavilions are constructed. Besides, a reception office, a kitchen, a garage and a tennis court will be built on the northeast side of the garden. Jingyuan Garden integrates different architecture styles, such as Japanese and Spanish. The structure and material of gates are of typical Japanese style, simple and plain, while the low pitched roof and the detailed decoration are of obvious Spanish architecture style. The garden is now displayed following its original arrangements of furniture and adornments. And there also exhibit some paper materials and photos related with the daily life and political life of Pu Yi, the last emperor.
- Former Residence of Zhang Ailing, No.61 32th British colonial street; 英租界32号路61号 Yīngzūjiè 32 hào lù 61 hào. Early modern Chinese writer whose stories have been adapted into such films as Ang Li's "Lust, Caution". Zhang Ailing lived here for a very brief time during her early childhood years.
- Tianjin Fine Art Museum.
- Memorial Hall of Zhou Enlai and Deng Yingchao (周恩来邓颖超纪念馆；Zhōu'ēnlái dèngyǐngchāo jìniànguǎn), 9 Shui Shang Gong Yuan Xi Road, Nankai District; 天津南开区水上公园西路9号. 09:00-16:30, No entrance allowed after 16:00; Closed on Mondays.
- Former Residence and Mausoleum of Huo Yuanjia (霍元甲故居纪念馆; Huò yuánjiǎ gùjū jìniànguǎn), XiQing District 天津市西青区 (Take bus#156 or 162 for roughly about 40 minutes.). 09:00-18:00. A large museum featuring the life of Huo Yuanjia (a historical figure played by Jet Li in the film "Fearless") and his contributions to China and Kungfu. The museum also displays a wide variety of weapons he collected. Just outside the museum is the tomb of Huo Yuanjia himself. Also surrounding the museum and residence is where you can find a professional wushu/kung fu school. ¥60.
- China House Museum, 72 Chi Feng Road(赤峰道), He Ping District（和平区）, . 09:00-17:30 7 days/week. The China House is a priceless building decorated with about 4,000 pieces of ancient porcelain, 400 pieces of jade stone carving, 20 tons of crystal and agate and million pieces of ancient Chinese ceramic chips. China house museum is a private museum which belongs to the Tianjin Yueweixian Cultural Industry and Investment group. It is built with more than 700,000,000 pieces of Chinese acient porcelain; 15000 ancient porcelain bows, dishes, and vases; 300 ancient porcelain-cat pillows; 300 stone lions; 300 marble sculptures; more 20 tons natural crystal, etc. Inside the museum there are 4 floors, filled with Chinese ancient furniture, woodcarving, etc. All the exhibits are collected by the chairman of the museum, Zhang Lianzhi. The Porcelain House is located in a bustling area, close to the former residence of Zhang Xueliang, an instigator of the Xi’an incident and a patriotic hero in China. Originally a 100-year -old French style villa, the residence is a five-storied building with a total area of 3,000 square meters. Porcelain used to decorate the house can date back to the Han Dynasty. Visitors can almost find every type of chinaware from the house, which perfectly combines traditional Chinese architecture and western architecture. On the roof of the house is embedded a 768-meter-long dragon relief made by over ten thousand pieces of porcelain and an eye-catching English word, ‘China’, with some Chinese characters and the flag of China on both sides. Inside the house there are many famous paintings comprised by ceramic chips, including the world famous painting, Mona Lisa. Besides, the walls of the house are named the ‘peace wall’, consisting of 635 vases made during Republic China and the late Qing Dynasty. ¥35.
- Tianjin Museum (天津博物馆).
- Tianjin Museum of Science and Technology (天津科技馆).
- Tianjin Natural History Museum (天津自然历史博物馆).
- Tianjin Opera Museum (天津戏曲博物馆).
FLIGHTS & HOTELS
- We have access to a global database of flights by 728 airlines and 200 flight booking agencies, which allows us to find flights in real time and compare them with each other.
- We collects prices at the 200 largest hotel reservation agencies and official websites of hotels. Get all prices in just one place.
- We use TrustYou™, the smart semantic analysis system, to gather reviews from many booking services (including Booking.com, Agoda, Hotel.com and others), and calculate ratings based on all the reviews available online.