Food & Restaurants in Agra
Agra specialities are petha, a type of very sweet candy, and Dal Moth, a spicy lentil mix. Both are also popular souvenirs.
- Chaat - Agra is a heaven for any Chaat lover. Chaat can be of various types but there is one thing common among them all is that they are spicy and you will find crowd outside virtually every chaat stall, especially popular places like Double Phatak (near Sikandra) for Mangores. You'll find quality Bhallas and Panipuri at Sadar and Belangunj. Samosa and Kachori are found at every sweet shop that flood the city. Some typical chaat items are Aloo Tikki (made by roasting mess made out of boiled potatoes), paneer tikka (cubes of cottage cheese baked in a tandoor with spices), pani puri or golguppa (small round hollow shells filled with a potato-based filling and a spicy sweet blend of sauces), mangores, Samosaes, Chachori etc. If you want to savour the typical Agra Breakfast do remember to have a bite of one of those spicy Berahi and round it off with sweet Jalebies.
- Sweets - There are quite a few good sweets shops all round the city. The best for buying the famous petha of Agra are at Hari Parwat, a short distance from Agra Fort. Amongst the well-known stores are Panchi's, Bhimsain BaidyaNath and The Pracheen Petha store. There are many types of petha available but, for the authentic experience, try either the plain one (ivory white) or Angoori Flavoured (rectangular and yellow pieces soaked in sugar syrup). Other stores in Agra include: Bikanervala, Deviram, Munnalal Petha, Gopaldas, and Ajanta Sweets, Kamla Nagar. Do remember to round off your meal with a Joda(Pair) of Pan unique to the city.
- There is also an abundance of Korean food.
- There are several restaurants in the Taj Ganj area, catering for the many tourists staying around the Taj Mahal.
- Gulshan Highest (Opposite the South gate of the Taj), . , , A great cheap place near the Taj. They serve reasonable western food, and their rice pudding/pancakes are good. Sit up on the roof and you get a glimpse of the Taj over the roofs. ₹25-₹80. Banana pancake ₹25, Curry ₹60, Naan ₹5.
- Joney's place, Taj ganj. Perfect for early breakfast, when you want to wake up early to visit the Taj at 06:00. ₹10 Toast, ₹10 coffee, ₹15 cornflakes.
- Kamat Hotel. Roof top restaurant with view of the Taj. Beer available. ₹70 for a vegetable curry.
- Nice point Restaurant, near western gate of Taj Mahal. 06:00 - 20:00.Professes to serve North and South Indian, Chinese, continental, Mughali, American and Italian food. Free wifi, LCD television, and a collection of movies and songs. Breakfast ₹50, lunch ₹100, dinner ₹150 per person.
- Only Restaurant, . , ₹600-800 for main dish of 2.
- Priya Restaurant, Fatehabad road near Shanti Manglik hospital, . , Three star restaurant, air conditioned, LCD TV, all food types available except south Indian. ₹250/person.
- The Silk Route Restaurant (TSR), 18-A/7-B Fatehabad Road (Opposite Howard Park Plaza), .
- Treat Restaurant, South Gate Taj Mahal, , e-mail:[email protected]. breakfast, lunch and dinner. ₹20-₹60 for main dish, great Indian food.
FLIGHTS & HOTELS
- We have access to a global database of flights by 728 airlines and 200 flight booking agencies, which allows us to find flights in real time and compare them with each other.
- We collects prices at the 200 largest hotel reservation agencies and official websites of hotels. Get all prices in just one place.
- We use TrustYou™, the smart semantic analysis system, to gather reviews from many booking services (including Booking.com, Agoda, Hotel.com and others), and calculate ratings based on all the reviews available online.