Museums & Galleries in Yogyakarta
- Museum Affandi, Jl. Laksda Adisucipto 167 (at the beginning of the road out to the airport), , e-mail:[email protected].Delightful museum built around the former home of the late Affandi, one of Indonesia's best-known painters. Several galleries, including one with 30 of Affandi's paintings from his early, impressionist and expressionist periods, and another with paintings by some of his 11 children. The artist designed some of the buildings (the central complex was originally his home and offices) himself, and the grounds themselves are worth the admission price. Helpful staff to show you around. Rp 20,000 includes a drink.
- Aircraft museum (Museum Dirgantara), Jl. Lettu TPA Supardal (behind Adi Sucipito Airport), . , M-Th 08:00-13:00, Sa 08:00-12:00. This Indonesian aircraft museum holds several antique aircraft from WWII era as well as a Badger bomber, MIG-15 to MIG-21, P-51 Mustang, Catalina flying boat, Auster MkII, Lavochkin LA-11, F-86 Sabre, T-33 Bird, A6M5 Zero. There is also a P-51 airplane simulator but it was broken (October 2015). The children on school trips will see you as a big attraction if you look western so smile and prepare to pose for many pictures. The museum is not signposted: to get there either take a taxi (around 35 000 Rp with taximeter from Marlioboro) or use a Satnav and get to the eastern end of Jl. Lettu TPA Supardal. The museum is inside the Air Force base. The guard at the entrance will require you to deposit your passport (a paper copy of your passport might be sufficient) while you are inside the museum. Rp 5,000.
- Museum Sonobudoyo, Jl. Trikora 6, Yogyakarta 55122 (north alun-alun), , , fax: . A Javanese archeology museum, has many Javanese artefacts like wayang puppets, masks, statues, textiles, weapons, as well as a full set of Javanese gamelan instruments. Worth a visit if you have some extra time in Yogya, or you are interested in Javanese culture study. Rp 3,000.
- Museum Kekayon, Jl. Raya Yogya–Wonosari (km 7) 277, Baturetno, Banguntapan, Bantul, , e-mail: , , [email protected]. Tu-Su 8AM-3PM. A wayang (puppet) museum with a lush Javanese style garden. It is divided into 10 sectors, where each holds a vast amount of wayang puppets from various places in Indonesia. Rp 5,000.
- Bentara Budaya, Jl. Suroto 2, Kota Baru, . Art exhibitions, movies, book discussions.
- Cemeti Art House, Jl. D.I. Panjaitan 41, , e-mail:[email protected]. Fine art and modern art exhibitions, book discussions and performances.
- French/Indonesian Cultural Center (LIP), Jl. Sagan 3, . Art exhibitions, movies, book discussions, performances, library.
- Jogja Gallery, Jl. Pekapalan 7, Alun-Alun Utara, , e-mail: , , [email protected]. Modern art gallery exhibiting avant garde artworks.
- Kedai Kebun, Jl. Tirtodipuran 3, , e-mail:[email protected]. Art exhibitions, performances, book discussions.
FLIGHTS & HOTELS
- We have access to a global database of flights by 728 airlines and 200 flight booking agencies, which allows us to find flights in real time and compare them with each other.
- We collects prices at the 200 largest hotel reservation agencies and official websites of hotels. Get all prices in just one place.
- We use TrustYou™, the smart semantic analysis system, to gather reviews from many booking services (including Booking.com, Agoda, Hotel.com and others), and calculate ratings based on all the reviews available online.