Things to do
There’s a lot to do in Tel Aviv. For the biggest selection, check out the individual district articles. These are some of the highlights.
Tel Aviv is known as the White City with the world's largest collection of Bauhaus architecture. Enjoy a guided tour of the Bauhaus district.
A visit to Tel Aviv isn't complete without a dip into its fantastic beach scene which is at its best in summer, especially during Friday afternoons, when crowds of buff beachgoers converge to take in the Brazilian drums, the smell of barbecues, the thwock, thwock of "matkot" as the sun sets. In early summer be careful as there may be jellyfish in the water. Ask the lifeguard or locals about the current conditions.
North Tel Aviv is home to Luna Park (an amusement park) and Meimadion (a water park).
Tel Aviv has the widest selection of performing arts in Israel.
- The Barby (52, Kibutz Galuyot st., +972 3-5188123), and the Goldstar Zappa (24, Habarzel st., +972 3-6499550) present Israeli (and sometimes foreign) rock daily.
- For more alternative and indie music with occasional jazz showsand electronic parties, head to Levontin 7 named after its street address or The OzenBar.
- Tmuna Theater (8, Shontsino st., +972 3-5629462) alternates between local acts, both famous and unknown, and fringe theater productions in Hebrew.
- Dance can be enjoyed in Suzanna Dellal Center in Neve Tzedek.
- Theater is mostly performed in Hebrew, naturally, but English interpretation is available is some of the shows for extra-fees in Habima National Theater (+972 3-6295555) and HaCameri Municipal Theater.
- Fans of jazz can find great shows at the Shavlul club in the Tel-Aviv harbor, with jam sessions every Monday at 10:30PM.
Football (soccer) is the most popular sport in Israel. Tel Aviv has 3 major football clubs that are usually in Ligat Ha'al (top division): Maccabi Tel Aviv, Hapoel Tel Aviv, and Bnei Yehudah. All three play in the Bloomfield Stadium in the southern part of the city.
Basketball is somewhat less popular among locals than football, but the Maccabi Tel Aviv basketball team is well known as the most successful club in Israel and one of the best in Europe, dominating the Israeli basketball league with over 40 championship seasons and 5 European titles. The Hapoel Tel Aviv team is less successful and popular. Maccabi Tel Aviv plays in the Menora Mivtachim Arena in the eastern part of the city.
Matchs between Hapoel and Maccabi Tel Aviv are major events in the city, as the teams are as huge rivals as they come.
Good martial arts clubs abound, ranging from modern fitness craze sports to traditional ones, located in various parts of the city.
FLIGHTS & HOTELS
- We have access to a global database of flights by 728 airlines and 200 flight booking agencies, which allows us to find flights in real time and compare them with each other.
- We collects prices at the 200 largest hotel reservation agencies and official websites of hotels. Get all prices in just one place.
- We use TrustYou™, the smart semantic analysis system, to gather reviews from many booking services (including Booking.com, Agoda, Hotel.com and others), and calculate ratings based on all the reviews available online.