Shopping in Aomori
Regional specialties include Tsugaru-nuri lacquerware, kogin-zashi embroidery,sakiori weaving, and products made from hiba cypress wood.
- ASPAM (Leaving Aomori Station, go straight down Shinmachi. Turn left onto Aspam Dori at the fourth traffic light. ASPAM is at the end of the street.). For loading up on regional souvenirs, head to ASPAM, the unusual-looking triangular building located just behind the bridge on the harbor. It contains an exhibition hall for promoting tourism and local products.
- A-FACTORY (1 minute walk north of Aomori Station). For edible souvenirs and local food products, stop by A-FACTORY next to Aomori Station. There are several take-out cafes and places to sit and eat on the boardwalk overlooking the bay. Sparkling apple wine called "cidre" is also made, sold, and served here (non-alcoholic cidre is also available). The restaurant upstairs specializes in dishes featuring French buckwheat crepes and local ingredients.
- Murata Kogei (むらた工芸), 030-0801 Aomori-ken, Aomori-shi, Shinmachi, 1 Chome−9−18 (450 m. from Aomori Station, next to Cafe Gusto). A wide selection of souvenirs and gifts from Aomori, as well as other Japanese decorative items.
FLIGHTS & HOTELS
- We have access to a global database of flights by 728 airlines and 200 flight booking agencies, which allows us to find flights in real time and compare them with each other.
- We collects prices at the 200 largest hotel reservation agencies and official websites of hotels. Get all prices in just one place.
- We use TrustYou™, the smart semantic analysis system, to gather reviews from many booking services (including Booking.com, Agoda, Hotel.com and others), and calculate ratings based on all the reviews available online.