Things to do in Aomori
- Aomori Nebuta Festival (青森ねぶた祭り aomori nebuta matsuri). August 2–7.This is Aomori's most famous festival. The town suddenly becomes very lively, with many street stalls. The main feature is the evening parade with huge illuminated paper lanterns and costumed dancers. The final day of the festival concludes with an extensive fireworks display while some of the Nebuta lanterns float around the bay on boats. Everybody can join the parade, as long as they wear the festival costume. To rent the costume, enquire at the tourist center next to the train station.
- Machinaka Onsen (青森まちなかおんせん aomori machinaka onsen) (turn right leaving Aomori Station and walk 2 blocks to Route 7. Turn left; the onsen will be on the left about a block later.). If you're tired, weary, and want a bath without going all the way to Asamushi Onsen, you can enjoy a hot spring bath just a few minutes walk from Aomori Station. The small bath outside is nice.
- Hakkoda Ropeway (八甲田ロープウェー hakkōda rōpuwē), 1 - 12, Kansuizawa, Arakawa, Aomori-shi, Aomori-ken, Japan 030-0188, . The ropeway operates year round for skiers, snowboarders, hikers, and anyone who just wants to see the view from the Hakkoda Mountains. You can snowboard until May here. ¥1850 for round trip; ¥1180 for one way (adult).
- Moya Hills (モヤヒルズ) (30-45 minutes from the city center by car). Ski resort close to the city. Roller luge, camping, and special events in the summer.
FLIGHTS & HOTELS
- We have access to a global database of flights by 728 airlines and 200 flight booking agencies, which allows us to find flights in real time and compare them with each other.
- We collects prices at the 200 largest hotel reservation agencies and official websites of hotels. Get all prices in just one place.
- We use TrustYou™, the smart semantic analysis system, to gather reviews from many booking services (including Booking.com, Agoda, Hotel.com and others), and calculate ratings based on all the reviews available online.