Local specialties are cidre (シドル, sparkling apple wine) and Denshu (田酒), Aomori's famous sake. Denshu is served in some izakaya and sushi restaurants. The main entertainment district is Honchō (本町). To get there, walk straight down Shinmachi "Amenity Street" for about 15 minutes. Once you cross Yanagi-machi Dōri (a big street with a median strip), you're in Honchō. However, there's plenty to drink in the city center:
- Karaoke U-Style (カラオケユースタイル). A large karaoke chain that has a branch about four or five blocks down the main street on the left. This location has a nice selection of English songs and, of course, offers all you can drink plans.
- Passage Hiroba (5 min walk from the train). Passage Hiroba is a courtyard on the right side of the main street. There are several bars, taverns, and eateries. You can drink outside during warm weather.
- Cafe BERRY BERRY (straight from Aomori station, right at fourth light; on the right about two blocks down). Standard bar fare plus darts.
- Karaoke Dining SAGAN (カラオケダイニングＳＡＧＡＮ), Furukawa, 1 Chome−21−6, . Sun-Thurs: 6PM-2AM. Fri-Sat: 6PM-3AM.. A little classier feeling than the chain karaoke box in front of the station, and some cocktails on the menu that you don't see at most Japanese bars. You'll have to call the waiter for those, but you can also reserve a "Beer Room" with your own personal tap. You'll need at least 3 people to get a room here. ¥2600 for 2 hours of drinks.
- Pent House, Furukawa, 1 Chome−17−21 スノーランドビル3階, . A hip second floor cafe lounge with cozy sofas, big floor cushions, and a ping pong table. Skip the skimpy tacos and invest in the fresh guacamole.
FLIGHTS & HOTELS
- We have access to a global database of flights by 728 airlines and 200 flight booking agencies, which allows us to find flights in real time and compare them with each other.
- We collects prices at the 200 largest hotel reservation agencies and official websites of hotels. Get all prices in just one place.
- We use TrustYou™, the smart semantic analysis system, to gather reviews from many booking services (including Booking.com, Agoda, Hotel.com and others), and calculate ratings based on all the reviews available online.