Things to do in Malacca
- Go fly a kite, literally - Go to Klebang Beach and buy a cheap kite (fighter-style, but nowhere near that well-constructed) with Japanese cartoon characters on it for RM1.50, or a styrofoam airplane for RM5 if you don't have the necessary kite-flying mad skills.
- Melaka on bike, 117 jalan tiang dua (pick up anywhere in town), . 3hrs. RM100.
- Malacca Duck Tour, Malacca Duck Tour, Jalan Merdeka, 75000. Melaka(Beside the Taming Sari City View Tower). 3. This is an old military amphibious vehicle that has been adapted for amphibious tourist trips around Melaka city and moving towards the sea and come back up. Very interesting, like a joyride. RM30-40.
- Melaka River Cruise - a 45-min cruise along Melaka river where once it was a main trade area of Malacca during its Golden Era. It takes passengers from the jetty beside the Maritime Museum to just beyond Kampung Morten and then back. The night cruise is more interesting, as you can see the lights on the riverbank's buildings, a water fountain show and bridges. You will pass through many boardwalk cafes along the way. Wave "hi" as you cruise along happily. The Honky Tonk Cafe is located along this river bank. Tickets: Adult RM10, Child RM5. Hourly cruise 10AM-11PM daily.
- Pirates of Melaka - located beside the Eye on Melaka, this consists of a pirate ship that you can ride on.
- Taming Sari Revolving Tower(Menara Taming Sari), Jalan Merdeka, . every 30 min on the hour and half-hour, 10AM-11PM daily.. The 110 m-tower seats 66 people at a time, taking them on a 7-min ride for a view of Malacca. The ascent takes 1 min, you have 5 min on the top and 1 min for the descent. Offers breathtaking 360-degree views of the historic city and the coastline. Do it after taking a stroll of the town, and it will give you a whole new perspective of Malacca. Admission fees for MyKad holders: RM10 for adults, RM5 for children below 12 years old, and RM7 for senior citizens above 55 years old. Adult RM20, child below 12 RM10 Senior above 55 RM17.
Malaysia - Travel guide