Things to do in Lahore
- On Thursdays there is a regular Sufi gathering at the shrine of Shah Jamal. The renowned drummer Pappoo Saein and his disciples perform on the huge two-sided dhol, and devotees of the saint enter trances and dance wildly as hundreds of people watch. There is a separate seating area for women and foreigners; this is very comfortable and has the best view in the enclosure.
- Catch a movie at Sozo World in fortress stadium. Fortress Stadium is also a shopping area if you are a die hard fan of inexpensive linens, clothes etc., and has the only Joyland (amusement park) within the city as well as Sindbad Amusement center. Another amusement park is a part of Sozo Water Park.
You can also watch movies at the DHA Cinema located in R Block DHA near Defence Public School for Boys. Another good option is the newly renovated Cinestar in Township or the Cinegold in Bahria Town.The Plaza Cinema on Queen's Road is also a good choice.
- Cricket - Pakistanis, like their Indian neighbours, love cricket passionately. The Gadaffi Stadium in Lahore often hosts international matches and is relatively comfortable. If you're brave enough try some of the colorful and appetizing snacks brought into the stands by a myriad of sellers of all ages.
- You can always shop in the old "anarkali" bazaar or the newer "liberty market". Both of these places are famous for women's clothes and accessories.
- You can also head for the museum on lower mall road.
- Medical tourism is a growing industry in Lahore due to its high quality and low cost, especially in sectors like Dental treatment, Hair transplant, Cosmetic surgery and Open heart surgery.
- Lahore has long been a bastion for sport. An excursion to a Polo game would be a memorable experience. Pakistan is one of only 8 nations to play Polo professionally, and fields some 26 professional clubs. Lahore's most famous club is Lahore Polo Club, where emperors, kings and other notables have been playing for centuries. Foreign teams often play here in friendly games, and facilities are first rate.
- Go to bazaars and look around, you can buy amazing jewelery, crockery, souvenirs and of course clothes! One baazar is Anarkali and Ichra.
- Go karting or playing paintball in one of the several amusement parks in town.
- On Saturdays there is a regular "Movie night" organized by Lahore Film and Literary Club at South Asian Media Centre. The projector featuring full HD/Blu-ray 108op resolution, ensures you get the best of picture quality and sound followed by discussions after the films, available as part of the LFLC evenings. You can also interact with friends over a cup of coffee at the cafe which also serves as a perfect place to initiate debate or simply share an idea. The club offers other facilities with its literary club offering literary seminars, poetry readings and a library.
- Enjoy street food and local special treats in the aptly named Food Streets in Gawalmandi and Anarkali districts.