SPA CITY IN PHILIPPINES
Calamba, officially known as the City of Calamba and often referred to as Calamba City, is a component city of Laguna, Philippines. It is the regional center of the Calabarzon region. It is situated 54 kilometres (34 mi) south of Manila, the city is known as the Resort Capital of the Philippines because of its numerous hot spring resorts, which are mostly located in Barangay Pansol, Bucal and Bagong Kalsada.
Hot Spring Resorts
Most resorts in Calamba are located in Barangays Pansol, Bucal and Bagong Kalsada.
- This is located at Calamba City Proper. Beside the St. John the Baptist Church, it is where José Rizal, the Philippines' national hero, lived before he was executed in Rizal Park.
Calamba Rizal Park/The Plaza
- This public park in Barangay Real commemorates Jose Rizal. Erected on a 7 hectares (17 acres) land at Calamba City Hall Complex, the monument is 22 feet (6.7 m) tall, with the number symbolizing the 22 languages and dialects used by Rizal. It sits on top of a 15-step podium, symbolizing one decade since Rizal was born. The monument was once cited as the tallest Jose Rizal Monument in the World, until a monument of Rizal was built in Santa Cruz, Laguna for the Palarong Pambansa 2014. The monument was inaugurated by President Benigno Aquino IIIin preparation for the National Hero's sesquicentennial birth anniversary on June 19, 2011.
Banga/Pot of Calamba
- Banga (also Calambanga) is a large pot that symbolizes the name of Calamba City. The name of Calamba City derived from the two words, "kalan" and "banga". The barangays in Calamba was inscripted around the pot. This pot is also known as Calambanga.
St. John the Baptish Parish Church
- Established in 1859, the Calamba Church, also St. John the Baptish Parish Church was burned by the Japanese during World War II. It was reconstructed by Fr. Eliseo Dimaculangan. It was the christening site of José Rizal. The original baptismal font has been preserved and refurbished.
The newest and most innovative wakepark in the world. Located at Nuvali, Canlubang, Calamba City.
Is a tourist attraction located at barangay Canlubang and one of the falls here in Calamba City, it is situated at the western edge of the city.
Wonder Island Resort
- Situated on a two-hectare island in the middle of Laguna de Bay, Wonder Island Resort is surrounded by the wide expanse of the largest freshwater lake in the country. About 50 kilometers south of Manila, the island can be reached via Calamba in Laguna, with a seven-minute ride aboard the sleek, safe and ultra-comfortable air-conditioned ferryboat.