Shopping in Cebu
Cebu City has many shopping malls - the biggest being SM City Cebu, has four levels, a huge department store, supermarket, movie theater and over 200 shops and restaurants. The Ayala Mall is more upscale; it has a large department store, two supermarkets and a movie theater, and it offers more restaurants and stores that appeal to tourists. These are modern buildings with lots of western goods in addition to local stores. There are other, older and smaller malls dotted all over the city, such as Country Mall, Robinson's Mall, e-Mall, Mango Square and Cebu Parkmall. In addition to this there are many stores and places to stop. One nice place is the Colon part of the Old Downtown.
If you need to fix something there are hardware stores in all of the malls. Cebu Home and Builders Center along AS Fortuna-Mandaue, Mactan (near old bridge) and Cebu Parkmall is the home depot style that carries the most complete line for finishing and building materials. There is a large warehouse store called S & R membership shopping that offers good prices on goods in bulk. Another great place to buy household goods on the cheap is White Gold, near SM. For furniture the two best places to go is Sun Gold and Mandaue Foam, just remember to ask for at least 10-20% off the price. If you want to buy groceries, the Metro Supermarket in Ayala Mall is well stocked - local and imported products - and affordable. Metro also has lots of great buys and the lowest prices you can get in their department stores in Ayala Mall, Mandaue City and Colon St. You may also shop at the SM Supermarket in SM City or for best value go to SaveMore Supermarket in VisMin at Cebu Parkmall.
Malls & Supermarkets
- SM malls & Savemore supermarkets & Alfamart.. 8am-8pm. all part of the SM group. higher prices.
- Robinsons Malls & Robinsons Supermarkets & MiniStop & South Star Drug. 8 am 8pm. all part of Robinsons group. higher prices.
- Colonnade Supermarkets, Colon Street. & one in Mandaue, 32-2552510.6am-9pm. lower prices.
- Gaisano Malls & Supermarkets. 6 am-9 pm. many Gaisano all over Cebu.lower prices.
- Shopwise & Rustans & Wellcome & Family Mart & Rose Pharmacy. 8am-8pm. part of Dairy farm (HK) which has supermarkets all over Asia.
- Puregold & S&R & Lawson. 7am-9pm. all part of the Puregold group. lower prices.
- Prince Hypemarket. 8am- 8pm. now has 20 stores . lower prices.
- 7-Eleven. 24 hours. has over 1700 stores in the Philippines and is opening new stores every week. higher prices.
- City Malls (Bacalso & Consolacion). 8am-9pm. 33% owned by Jollibee and 33% owned by sm
Banks & ATMs
- HSBC Bank (UK), Ground floor, Taft Ayala bldg, Cardinal Rosales Avenue (Cebu business park). Has the only ATMs in Cebu without a ₱200 fee for overseas cards. HSBC has also the only ATMs in Cebu where you can take up up to ₱40,000 per time.
- Citi Bank has a (ATM with a max of ₱15,000 per use). (USA).
- Standard Chartered Bank (UK).
- Both are along Mindanao Avenue in the Cebu Business park. and both have a ₱200 fee for overseas cards.
- Fully Booked, Level 2, The Terraces, Ayala Centre (Cebu Business Park), , e-mail: , [email protected]. A modern bookshop with a good selection of imported fiction and non-fiction books, a smaller collection of books about the Philippines and an in-shop café.