Food & Restaurants in Coron
There is food available for purchase at Coron Market and numerous bake shops around town. It's also recommended to buy fruits from the town market and have them prepared at the lodge you stay at free of charge (feel generous to provide a tip). Recommended to try local fruits such as mango, watermelon, starapple, jackfruit, coconut, starfruit and cashew fruit but they are all seasonal.
- La Sirenetta Beautiful waterfront restaurant on stilts offering international food with entrees ranging from P200-400. Recognizable on the water as sculpted mermaids adorn the posts supporting the roof of the open air dining area. (accessible through alleyway beside Coron Divers and Coron Reef Pension House and also by boat). Entrees from 150-1400p.
- Bistro Coron Owned by Bruno (who can be seen in the kitchen wearing nothing but a towel and a scowl in the mornings) it is home to French food at prices well above the local average. Entrees go from P155-270 for the most part, mains are more but crab and lobster meals are available for even more. Get the onion soup, the apple pie, the coq au vin, the basquaise, the salade nicoise, the cordon bleu. San Miguel will set you back about P50. The good pizza would be excellent if the cheese was better. Clearly coasting due to their Lonely Planet mention, service is slow, staff are rude and the place is full of only foreigners.
This is an addition to the above review: May 26, 2012-Bruno's bistro is excellent and the staff are super friendly and work hard as the restaurant is so popular because of the wide selection of amazing food and cool vibe. Breakfasts, fresh baked baguettes, homemade jam, awesome fish and meat dishes with superb French sauces, great pizzas and salads, cannot rave enough about this gem in a one horse town. It is worth the steeper prices. Also, Bruno is a fun and hard working guy himself and is the extra spice to his restaurant.
- Trining Bacsa Locally owned and operated restaurant located around the corner from Coron Market. Offers authentic Filipino cuisine.
- KokosNuss Resort has a good kitchen. They have a Palawan style all you can eat BBQ deal. 6 or more people required at P475 each. They also have a Christmas feast on Dec 24 which is the BBQ and definitely worth going to if you are around (tell them in advance if you are going) San Miguel is P32. Breakfasts are good as well.
- Singapore Restaurant & Bar Located in the Sea Breeze Lodge. Has Singaporean and Asian food at reasonable prices. They currently have P140 dinner specials.
- SeaDive Resort. Continental variety of food. Situated Over the water, seafront view. Offers inexpensive seafood and a nightly special. Entrees from 150-400p
- Trattoria Altrov’é - Coron Italian Restaurant and Pizza Place serves wood fired pizza, pasta and tasty appetizers in a place like home.
- "WG Restaurant" - the owner William gives free tourist advice with your meal, and is extremely helpful and friendly. You'll get local prices if he is helping you. He also has accommodation.