Food & Restaurants in Makaty City
Makati is packed with dining choices:
- Ineng's BBQ, Ayala Central Bus Terminal at Makati Avenue beside The Landmark. This establishment is all about pork barbecue. Their skewers have much more meat than other barbecue outlets.
- Earl's Sandwiches, Ground Floor, Greenbelt 1, facing Legaspi Street. Excellent submarine sandwiches.
- Mang Inasal Filipino-style chicken.
- Jolibee. A growing fast-food chain in the country serving fried chicken, burgers, fries, sundaes, etc.
The pizza debate will rage in eternity but thankfully, you're never far from a slice in Manila. No matter your personal definition of pizza, Makati has you covered with a mind-boggling array of choices. Of course, they have Pizza Hut, Papa John's, andDomino's, which if that's your thing, you won't have to look far. The following are proven winners:
- Greenwich A favourite of locals. Very affordable yet tasty pizza, often located in mall food courts.
- Yellow Cab Pizza Multiple locations, one of the Philippines' most successful pizza franchises that has gained it's market share with good value for money, lots of toppings and imported cheese.
- Sbarro Multiple locations throughout Metro Manila. Yes, it's a chain store but where else are you going to find Chicago-style deep dish? Nowhere. Sbarro's it is. Their pastas are also filling and tasty.
- California Pizza Kitchen Multiple locations including the third floor of Greenbelt 5. It is what it is. If thin crust is your taste, head here. Dine in, take away or delivery.
- Shakey's Great traditional thin crust pizzas and a family restaurant.
- Apartment 1B, One Lafayette Square, 132 L.P. Leviste Corner Sedeno St., Salcedo Village, . Comfort foods with a twist, served in a bistro-style setting. The kind of place that winds up being your favorite joint in town. Highlights include: French onion soup, cream cheese samosas, Reuben sandwich, three-cheese veggie lasagna. Though the prices (₱300 average starter; ₱450 average sandwich; mains from ₱340 for the Mac n' cheese, to ₱2,100 for the steak frites) come out on the high side of mid-range dining options, Apt. 1B is well worth it.
- Persia Grill, . Five locations in Metro Manila; for Makati visit Valero Street or Legaspi Street branches, For Middle Eastern and/or Mediterranean, Persia Grill is the best value in town. The Legaspi location is directly across the entrance to Greenbelt 5, at the corner of Dela Rosa Street. Highly recommended.
- Kashmir, Festejo Bldg., 816 Arnaiz Ave. (formerly Pasay Road), Makati. Also has a location in Padre Faura, Ermita. Pricy Indian and Middle Eastern fare in a sophisticated (by local standards) atmosphere. The staples (samosas, palak paneer) are delicious but come in small portions. Wine list has some gems but of course it depends if they have it in stock. The Ermita branch is much better than Makati in service and value. Meanwhile, they operate a takeaway booth at the Salcedo and Legazpi weekend markets, where you can pick up your favorites at reduced prices.
- Cyma Greek Taverna, Greenbelt 2, Ground Floor, Ayala Center, . Moderately authentic Greek food. The best you’re going to find in Makati. Menu includes loads of favorites such as taramosalata, paidakia, dolmades, kefthedes, octapodi, sagahnaki (and yes, unfortunately they set in on fire and “Opa!”). If you like Greek cuisine, this is the place to go. See menu link for prices.
- Chimara, Cinema Level, Greenbelt 3, Ayala Center, Makati City, , e-mail: [email protected]. This healthy café has a range of delicious vegetarian and vegan friendly options from soups, salads and wraps. They also have a range of soy ice cream and offer home delivery as well. They will even deliver meals into the cinema while you enjoy a movie.
- Circles Event Café, Makati Shangri-La Hotel, Ayala Ave. cor. Makati Ave., +63 2-840-0884. Casual dining at its best. Offers an array of continental, oriental, à la carte and buffet delights in a relaxing ambiance.
- Magic Bread Vegetarian Store, 25 Bautista St, Cor. Buendia, Palanan, Makati City, . Great store selling a range of healthy vegetarian friendly baked goods and products.
- Cibo, Italian restaurant with several branches, most notable at Shangri-la Plaza Mall in Mandaluyong and Glorietta 4. Their pasta dishes as well as panini sandwiches are great. Don't miss the very refreshing fresh red grape shake.
- Hossein's Persian Kebab 7857 LKV Building, Makati Avenue, +63 2-890-59-28 or +63 2-890-61-37 (fax: +63 2-890-58-03) Located right along Makati Avenue and opposite of Burgos Street, the restaurant was founded in 1985. Serves authentic Indian, Arabian and Persian cuisine. Halal certified. Very overpriced. Go to Persia Grill or Al Basra on Makati Avenue.
- Sentro 1771, Greenbelt 3 2nd Level, Ayala Center, +63 2-757-3940 to 41. Casual dining restaurant serving Filipino cuisine. Popular dishes include the tomato and kesong puti (native white cheese) salad, sizzling tofu and corned beef sinigang(corned beef in tamarind broth). Dessert to die for is their coffee pie.
- Via Mare, Ground Floor, Greenbelt 1, . For the best oysters in Manila.
- Bizu Patisserie and Cafe, Ground Floor Greenbelt 2, Ayala Center. The best French patisserie and cafe in Manila. Try the 10 Hour Roast Beef! They make the best Macarons de Paris similar to those of the best patisseries in Paris. Their French gateaux and Lavazza coffee are perfect for a night cap. Open for Breakfast at 7AM and the Eggs Benedict and Filipino Breakfast are must-tries.
- Basix, Dusit Thani Hotel, Ayala Center, +63 2-867-3333. Fine dining at the Dusit Thani.
- Old Manila, The Peninsula Manila, cor. Ayala Ave. & Makati Ave., +63 2-887-2888 / +63 2-812-3456. Fine French dining at the legendary, The Peninsula Manila.
- Shang Palace, Makati Shangri-La Hotel, Ayala Ave. cor. Makati Ave., . Chinese/Cantonese cuisine. Excellent Dim Sum.
- Sala, Locsin Building, 6752 Ayala Ave. cor. Makati Ave., +63 2-750-1555 / +63 2-893-0242, [www]. Fine European cuisine.
- UMU Japanese Restaurant, Dusit Thani Hotel, Ayala Center, +63 2-867-3333. One of Manila’s best restaurants which offers authentic Japanese dishes such as all-time favorite Sushi and Sashimi Bar, Teppanyaki, Bento Box and many more.