Shopping in Davao City
Davao City has many malls where almost all of them have cinemas.
Due to security concerns, it is routine for security guards to lightly frisk people as they enter shopping malls in Davao, and indeed in most of the Philippines. The guards endeavour to be sensitive and invariably the guard is either female or there are separate lines for male and female entrants.
Banks & ATMs
Most ATMs in Davao city have a p200 fee for overseas bank cards and a limit of p10.000 per withdrawal. an exception is the ATM at
- HSBC bank (UK). Ground floor Luisa Avenue Square Jacinto extension.
- the ATM at HSBC charges No p 200 fee for Overseas bank cards and allows up to php40.000 per withdrawal.
There are many money changes at the Aldevinco shopping center. C M Recto street (over the street from the Marco Polo hotel). The exchange rate for cash is extremely good.
- Nellie Stephanie Money changer. Aldevinco shopping center. phone224-1448.
- X Changer money changer. 2nd floor Abreeza mall.
Electronic & book stores
- cd-r king (there's one in most of the malls in Davao City), .10:00-20:00. There are 13 of these computer and electronic goods stores in Davao city.
- Book sale, Nccc mall and both SM malls in Davao.. 09.00-20.00. Second-hand books from the USA and UK. from p10.
Shopping Malls & Supermarkets
- 7-Eleven convenience stores., Abreeza Mall. open 24 hours a day.. many 7/11 all over Davao.
- Centerpoint Plaza, McArthur Highway, Matina Crossing, .
- Gaisano Mall of Davao (G-Mall), J.P. Laurel Ave, . 09.00-21.00. this is the Largest Gaisano mall in the Philippines. Cinema tickets from ₱120 per person.
- Gaisano South Grand Citi Mall, Illustre St, . 10:00-20:00.The cinema has closed down.
- NCCC Mall, Ma-a, . 10:00-20:00. Cinema tickets ₱140.
- SM City Davao, Quimpo Blvd, Ecoland, . 10:00-20:00.Cinema tickets ₱140
- SM Lanang Premier, J.P. Laurel Ave, Lanang, . 10:00-20:00.
- Victoria Plaza, J.P. Laurel Ave, . 10:00-20:00.
- Abreeza Ayala mall., J.P. Laurel Ave, . 10:00-21:00.Cinema tickets ₱150
- Puregold Supermarket, JP Laurel Ave (Km9 Sasa). 09:00-21:00.
- Robinsons Supermarkets., Robinsons Cybergate, JP Laurel Ave,. 09:00-21:00. There is also a Robinsons Supermarkets in the Abreeza Ayala Mall along JP Laurel Ave.
- Felcris Supermarkets, Inc, E Quirno Ave, . 10:00-20:30.There are three Felcris Supermarkets in Davao city, one in Toril and one in Calinan. Felcris is Part of Davao 24 hour Central Convenience stores and the Central Warehouse Clubs. (owned by the Yup Family). you can find Davao 24 hour Convenience stores and the Warehouse clubs all the way from Bayugan city in Agusan del Sur in the North to Malita Davao Del Sur in the south.
- SM Savemore Supermarkets, Gen Douglas MacArthur Hwy, Bangkal. 09:00-21:00. There is also a SM Savemore Supermarket along JP Laural Avenue Bajada. Same prices as the supermakets in the SM Malls.
- NCCC Supermarkets., San Pedro St, . 09:00-20:00. There is also a NCCC Supermarket at Ramon Magsaysay Ave, Center point, Bolton Street. NCCC also own HB1 Convenience Stores which are all over Davao City.
- Gaisano Grand mall of Toril., Toril. 10:00-20:00. Cinema tickets only ₱90.
- Gaisano Grand mall of Tibungco.. 10.00-20.00.
- S R Membership Shopping, Gen Douglas MacArthur Hwy. 09.00-21.00. part of Puregold.
- Felcris Centrale Mall, Quimpo Boulevard, . 10am-9pm. has a Felcris supermarket.
- Untop, San Pedro Street. 9am-8pm. low price.
- Gaisano Grand mall of Calinan. 9 am-8 pm.