Things to see
- Ancient cities such as Damascus, Aleppo, Palmyra, Crac des Chevaliers and Bosraincluding Medieval souqs.
- In Hama there are the Al Aasi Water Wheels in a river ( نواعير نهر العاصي ).
- Al Hosn Castle in Homs.
- Qala'at Samaan (Basilica of St Simeon Stylites) located about 30 km (19 mi) northwest of Aleppo and the oldest surviving Byzantine church, dating back to the 5th century. This church is popularly known as either Qalaat Semaan (Arabic: قلعة سمعان Qalʿat Simʿān), the 'Fortress of Simeon', or Deir Semaan (Arabic: دير سمعان Dayr Simʿān), the 'Monastery of Simeon' .
- Tartous with its Crusader-era Templar fortress
Things to do
- Take a scenic tour. Travel from Latakia (beach), Syrian Coast and Mountains(Safita tower, Mashta hikes and cave
Marmarita: Virgin Mary memorial, St George Monastery, Crac des Chevaliers, Palmyra(ruins), to Damascus (souq, mosques).
- Hike. in Syrian Coast and Mountains region.
- Geocaching. Find geocaches in the area.