Things to do in Dushanbe
- Aquapark Dolphin (Аквапарк Дельфин), Bogoutdinova (Богоутдинова), 7/2 (West of City center. Take bus 8, 22, 25, 28,17 to '101 mikrorayon', after Saodat Shopping Center the next street turn toward south (left) and walk ten mins on the right side look for it), . Adult / Child M-F 70/40, Sa-Su 80/40 (four hours); - After 17:00 (three hours) 50/30; - Tariff "VIP" admission to all areas! From sunrise to sunset! Adult 150 (all prices in TJS, valid in 2014).
- Bactria Cultural Centre
- Circus (Здание цирка), Karaboev Avenue, 1-3. (Ave. S. Sherozi corner).
- Botanical Gardens (Ботанический сад Академии наук Таджикистана) (behind the Chinese Embassy, somewhat north along Rudaki turn left to Samad Gani St). This is the best place to escape the dust and noise of the traffic for peace and quiet. A small forest with plenty of greenery. Usually the newly wed couples make photos here.
- Dushanbe Zoo (Dushanbe Zoological Park, Tajik: Боғи ҳайвонот, Russian: Душанбинский зоопарк), Ismoili Somoni Avenue (Located in the center of the city on the Luchob river bank, next to the Pamir Stadium). The number of animals kept is about 600 on the area: 67000sqm. This is the only institution of this kind in the country. Animals are indigenous and foreign species. Couple of the most exotic animals of its lion, jaguar and snow leopard. The local fauna are represented by brown bears, black bears, Bactrian camel, donkey, wolf, jackal, fox, raccoon, and some birds like owl, vulture, golden eagle, falcon. Also some reptiles, like snakes, caymans, lizards are displayed indoors.
- Park named after S. Ayni (Парк культуры и отдыха имени С. Айни,Tajik:Боғи фароғат ва истироҳати ба номи С. Айнӣ) (Around Opera).
- Victory Park (Парк Победы,Tajik:), Druzhby Narodov St (Turn left off of Rudaki at the TSUM and pass the beer factory.). Hike to the top for a seasonal tiki-themed beer garden offering views of the city. The truly brave can take the rickety gondola. Also there is the Victory Memorial
- Ayni Opera and Ballet Theatre (Таджикский академический театр оперы и балета имени С. Айни), Nisor Muhammad St and Rudaki Ave cnr. (Center), . Tu-Su 09:00-12:00, 13:00-17:00. regularly has free or cheap concerts sponsored by embassies and traveling companies.
- Lahuti Drama Theatre (Таджикский академический драматический театр имени А. Лахути), Rudaki Ave,.
- Mayakovsky Theatre
- Padida Theatre
- Puppet theatre (Государственный театр кукол Лухтак).
- Parasty Theatre, Rudaki Ave, (Next to Lohuti Drama Theatr).
- Summer theatre (летних амфитеатра).
- Youth Theatre named after M. Vahidova (Государственный молодежный театр имени М. Вахидова -), Karaboev Avenue, 21-23.
- Various Concert Halls
Tajikistan - Travel guide