Food & Restaurants in Pattaya
There are many restaurants, food carts, food courts, food markets, motorcycle-sidecar hotdog and meatball vendors, fruit sellers both mobile and stationary, even a roaming coffee peddling tuk-tuk. OK, so the germ theory of disease doesn't yet seem to be widely accepted but don't let that stop you from ordering the sushi. Many (although not all) non-Thai-cuisine restaurants also have at least a limited menu of Thai favourites as well.
Chonburi Province has a lot of fresh seafood and dried fruits. As there are a lot of people from the Isaan region living and working in Pattaya, there is an abundance of northeastern favourites such as spicy papaya salad (som tam) and spicy-sour chopped pork salad (larb).
- The noodle stall next to the entrance to the North Pattaya Road bus station does a passable ba mii moo daeng (egg noodles with red pork) for 25 baht.
- Big C Extra Food Court, Pattaya Klang Rd (Near Third Rd). It has good food including cheap Isaan treats, such as som tam (papaya salad) and khao neow(sticky rice). The Big C Extra stand, usually near the parking garage entrance, has inexpensive sandwiches.
- Kiss Food & Drink serves cheap and cheerful Thai and Western favourites 24/7 at two semi-open-air locations - one on Second Rd opposite Mike Shopping Mall, the other facing the Dolphin Roundabout.
- The food court in the basement of Tuk.com has stalls with a wide range of cheap Thai dishes.
- Sailor Bar and Restaurant (About 30 m up Soi 8 from Beach Rd). 07:30-03:00.Good restaurant and bar, notable for its 65 baht breakfasts. Service is fast and efficient, but brusque and cold. Free Wi-Fi. Hamburger 60 baht; khao pat 30 baht; t-bone with fries, potato salad, 120 baht; beer 50 baht.
- S&P Coffee Shops, various locations, has inexpensive sandwiches, like tuna sandwiches for 45 baht.
- Food courts at all Big C and Tesco Lotus locations have inexpensive food.
- Several outdoor food stalls along Soi 15 (just off Walking Street). Foreigner friendly and cheap prices (e.g., fried rice, 50 baht; chicken, rice and soup, 30 baht).
- British Pubs. There are several spots for fish and chips or roast beef and Yorkshire pudding: The Sportsman (Soi 13). They have a quiz night every Thursday, 21:00. The Pig and Whistle (Soi 7) and The Queen Victoria Inn(Soi 6).
- Cool Kitchen (In the PS Bowl/Tops Supermarket complex (junction of Central Pattaya Rd and Second Rd)). 24/7. Good Western and Thai food including narm tok mu (spicy pork salad) and yum pla dook fu (crispy catfish salad).
- Cosa Nostra (North side of Soi 7). Dinner only.. Italian-style pizzeria.
- Maikan Majatalo, 202/193 M.9 Pattaya Klang Plaza Center, , e-mail: [email protected]. Finnish restaurant, huge portions. On some of the dishes "if you're still hungry, you get the second one free." Their homepage is in Finnish only, but according to it they have rooms for rent (THB300-800/night or THB7000-18 000/month depending on the season). Other services include scooter rental and Finnish sauna and they also arrange sports events such as bowling, golf, mölkky (a Finnish throwing game) and pesäpallo (Finnish baseball).
- Nachrichtentreff, 157/128 Moo 5, Naklua Rd, . Serves pretty good Austrian food.
- Nangnual Restaurant (ร้านอาหารนางนวล), 214 Moo 10 Walking St, , e-mail: [email protected]. In business since 1965, this is a super restaurant on the water in an unlikely Walking Street location. Seafood is a speciality, but the menu has sections devoted to Western food, Thai food, Italian food, Chinese food, and Japanese food. Extensive wine cellar. Attentive, friendly staff and reasonable prices.
- Parsa Restaurant. Iranian restaurant serving high quality modern and traditional Persian food including kebab and khoresht. Iranian drinks like doogh as well.
- Sraan Resttaurant, 315/423 Moo 12, Thepprasit Rd (A 5 min drive outside the city), . Serves Thai and Western foods. Set in a garden which is ideal for a relaxing dinner or a small party. Recommended dishes include sautéed salted roasted duck, the shell in hell, chilled prawns, and goong lava (deep fried prawn with Thai herbal dressing and whipped cream on top).
- Slices (North side of Soi Diana Inn, corner of LK Metro). Open very late. An American-style pizzeria. Also burgers and subs. Two slices of pizza, 100 baht.
- Tequila Reef Pattaya, Soi 7 (Off Beach Rd). Open very late. Serving Tex-Mex favourites including burritos, enchiladas, tacos, taquitos, quesadillas, and free chips with salsa, as well as American favourites including burgers, steaks, hoagies, Cajun, and seafood.
- Benihana (second floor of Royal Garden Plaza). Japanese steakhouse restaurant chain. 1,000+ baht per person not including drinks.
- Breezeo, Royal Cliff Beach Hotel & Royal Cliff Beach Terrace. 11:00-23:00. The restaurant serves excellent seafood and Thai dishes.
- Bruno's Restaurant (on Thappraya Rd). Fine dining restaurant serving both European cuisine and some Thai dishes. Multi-course set menus from around 400 baht/person, à la carte also available.
- Hard Rock Cafe (in Hard Rock Hotel, Beach Rd). 11:00-02:00. American chain restaurant. The reason to go here is that some beautiful Thai ladies seem to think it's cool. Starters 99-377 baht, salads 199-266 baht, mains 277-810 baht, deserts 111-222 baht, beer 122-255 baht/bottle.
- Manhattan Steakhouse (near the junction of Thappraya & Pratamnak Rd).Steakhouse. 2,000+ baht.
- Mantra Restaurant & Bar (near Amari Orchid Resort & Tower north Pattaya beach road). Asian and Mediterranean fusion. Sunday brunch. 1,500+ baht.
- Moonlight Restaurant (505/18 Moo 12, Jomtien, Pattaya), . Multi-course set menus from around 400 baht/person, à la carte also available.
- Ticino Restaurant and Vespa Bar (east side of Sukhumvit Rd close to Mabprachan Lake). Garden restaurant with Italian and Swiss cuisine. If the eating is as interesting as the website, it's pretty good. 400+ baht.
- The Glass House. Beautifully designed restaurant on the beach. Slightly outside of Pattaya.
- Chinese Vegetarian Cafe (3rd Rd near turn to Thappraya Rd, in the Blind Massage Centre building). Very cheap. 30-60 baht.
- Five Star J. Restaurant ("jay"="vegetarian") (At the junction of South Pattaya Rd and Third Rd), . 09:00-21:00. A small middle-range indoor place that's 100% lacto-vegetarian and has a vegetarian owner/manager who speaks good English; also caters for vegans.
- J Vegetarian Restaurant, 256/10 Moo 5, Soi 20, Naklua Rd (Next to Sousiree Massage, near Dusit Resort Hotel), . 08:00-20:00.
- Thammachart Vegetarian Restaurant, 56/36 Moo 5, Amorn Market, Naklua Rd, . M-Sa, 05:30-17:00. Basic café-style budget place, also has a very small vegetarian supplies shop. Not much English spoken, but does have a bilingual menu.
- Vegetarian Cafe on Central Rd (Between 2nd and 3rd Rd, it has a big yellow-red sign). 30-60 baht.
- Vegetarian Club of Pattaya, . Meets at 18:00 on the second Tuesday of every month for an "international vegetarian adventure buffet" (199 baht, reservations required - at Café New Orleans, Soi Pattayaland 2 (Soi 13/4).