Sights & Landmarks in Pattaya
Animals and zoos
- The Million-Year Stone Park and Crocodile Farm (อุทยานหินล้านปีและฟาร์มจระเข้พัทยา), Chaiyaphonwithi Rd (15 minute drive from central Pattaya), . Daily, 08:30-18:30. Features an exotic zoo and crocodiles, fire-swallowing and magic shows, as well as the garden and stone park. Its grounds are landscaped with flowering and rock gardens. Hundreds of crocodiles as well as some rare animals, including albino bears and horses, are kept. There are crocodile shows, magic performances and animal shows 7 times a day from 09:00-17:00. 300 baht/adults, 150 baht/children.
- Pattaya Elephant Village (หมู่บ้านช้างพัทยา), 54/1 Moo 2, Tambon Nong Prue, . This elephant camp focuses on the daily lives of elephants and their keepers and also offers stage shows demonstrating how to catch wild elephants, elephants-at-work in the jungle, elephants playing football, and a grand war elephants parade. The shows are held daily at 14:30 and last one hour. A one-hour elephant ride is available from 08:00-17:30 for 900 baht/person and rafting/trekking for three-hours is available from 10:00-15:30 at 1,800 baht/person. 500 baht.
- Underwater World (อันเดอร์วอเตอร์ เวิลด์), 22/22 Moo 11, Sukhumvit Rd, . Daily, 09:00–18:00, feeding times 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 14:00, 14:30, 15:00. This is an aquarium where there is a collection of marine species from the Gulf of Thailand. Visitors can walk through the acrylic pedestrian tunnel and witness various kinds of fish swimming all around. The tunnel is 105 m long divided into 4 zones. The first zone holds beautiful and rare fish such as angel fish, cleaning wrasse, and butterfly fish. The second zone displays soft-boned creatures such as sharks, stingrays. The third zone stars Napoleon fish, groupers, pomfrets, hawksbill turtles and green turtles which reside around a replica of shipwreck. The fourth zone is a special one where fish from the Amazon River are on display. There are marine life feeding shows, both on the surface of the water and underwater in each zone. 400 baht/adults, 200 baht/children.
- Ban Sukhawadee (บ้านสุขาวดี), 219 Moo 2, Sukhumvit Rd, . M-F 08:30–18:00, Sa-Su, hols 08:00-18:00. This is the residence of Dr. Panya Chotithewan. Visitors can enter the house to pay respect to the Bodhisattva Kwan Yin, to see the spacious conference room and the roof. 300 baht/adults, 50 baht/children.
- Buddha Hill (เขาพระตำหนัก หรือ เขาพระบาท Khao Phra Tam Nak) (between Thap Praya Rd and Phratamnak Rd; 5-10 mins by songthaew). Buddha Hill is one of the highest points in Pattaya. At the summit is the biggest Buddha statue in Pattaya, and nearby is a beautiful Chinese-style sacred area dedicated to Confucius and Lao-zi. The next hill, just across Phra Tam Nak Rd, has the best Pattaya Bay coastline viewpoint and is also worth a visit, especially for sunsets. The locals come here to pay homage to Wat Khao Phra Bat atop the hill and the monument of Kromluang Chomphonkhetudomsak, who is regarded as the founding father of the modern Thai navy.
- Chaloemphrakiat Park (สวนเฉลิมพระเกียรติ). A park at the foot of Khao Pattaya. With an area of 6 acres, the park was dedicated to commemorate His Majesty the King's sixtieth birthday on 5 Dec 1988. The gardens of the park boast a wide variety of flowering plants and offer a scenic view of Pattaya. There are also multi-purpose grounds and winding trails for walking or jogging and standard exercise facilities. It is not at all obvious how to access the gardens of the park from the summit, and those from overseas should ask a local for guidance.
- Sanctuary of Truth (ปราสาทสัจธรรม), 206/2 Moo 5, Soi 12, Naklua Rd, . 09:00-18:00 daily. This huge ancient-style wooden temple is by the sea at Laem Ratchawet, north Pattaya. The entrance is at Soi 12, Na Kluea Rd. The Sanctuary of Truth was first begun in 1981 by Mr. Lek Wiriyaphan, the founder of the Ancient City in Samut Prakan Province. With exquisite an unique architectural features, the building was conceived out of the vision that human civilisation has been achieved and nurtured by religious and philosophical truth. It is an unfinished project, but worth a visit even now. 500 baht.
- Wat Yanasangwararam Woramahawihan (วัดญาณสังวรารามวรมหาวิหาร) (turn left from Sukhumvit Rd at km160 for 5 km). It was constructed in 1976 for Somdet Phra Yanasangwon, the present Supreme Patriarch, and later was supported by His Majesty the King. At the entrance are situated international pavilions presenting each country’s national architectural style around the pond. Within the compound of the temple are the mondop where a replica of the Buddha’s footprint is enshrined, a large chedi containing the relics of the Lord Buddha, as well as, his enlightened followers, and Wihan Phra Yanaret. It is open from 08:00-16:00 For more information, Tel.+66 38 237506. Moreover, there is a place where the Royal Project for Agricultural Training Centre and Wildlife Preservation Area are located.
- Mini Siam (เมืองจำลองพัทยา) (on Sukhumvit Road, surrounded by Soi 33), . 07:00-22:00 daily. Mini Siam features miniature replicas of iconic structures from Thailand and all over the world. It is one of the most famous model villages in the world. It celebrates the heritages of Thailand with miniature replicas of the most famous monuments and historical sites including the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, Democracy Monument, Bridge over the River Kwai, Prasat Hin Phimai, etc. Miniature replicas of the Tower Bridge, Eiffel Tower, the Statue of Liberty, and Trevi Fountain are also displayed in the section called "mini-world". 250 baht/adults, 120 baht/children.
- Nong Nooch Tropical Garden, 163 Sukhumvit Rd (15 minutes east of town centre), . Beautiful gardens with waterfalls, elephant shows, "Cultural Extravaganza" performances 4 times a day, restaurants and so forth - enough to fill an entire day. Foreigners 500 baht, Thais 200 baht.
- Siriphon Orchid Farm (สวนกล้วยไม้ศิริพร), 235/14 Moo 5, Noen Phlap Wan Rd(turn left for 800 m from Sukhumvit Rd, diagonally across the Pattaya Klang intersection), . Inside the farm are various kinds of orchids to be admired and purchased such as Pompadua, Vanda, Golden Shower, and Cattleya.
Thailand - Travel guide