Food & Restaurants in Panajachel
- Guajimbo's, Calle Santander. The menu notes that their vegetables are disinfected and they use purified water for drinking water and ice. They have the best steaks: huge, grilled to perfection with creative toppings.
- Las Chinitas, Plaza Los Patios, Calle Santander.. Serving Chinese, Japanese, and Malaysian food in a variety of combinations. On one night the crowd was almost entirely foreigners, with a folk band of gringos playing 60s and 70s American hits. They use purified water for vegetables and drinking.
- El Patio, in Plaza Los Patios on Calle Santander. Renowned for their Pepian, El Patio is a standard for locals and those who've adopted Lake Atitlan for their home. Street side tables in an enclosed patio area allows you to survey the parade of humanity. Great food and the best Papa's Fritas in Guatemala. Full bar.
- Lazarronis, in Plaza Los Patios on Calle Santander. Pizzas, international plates, vegetarian choices amongst which is an excellent vegetable lasagna. A great place to have a super tipico breakfast and watch the street.
- La Terrazza, Edificio Rincon Sai, Calle Santander, . Very good food.
- Pana Rock, Calle Santander.
- Circus Bar. Av Los Arboles (only a few steps from Calle Principal). The best pizza in Guatemala. Typically features live bands at night on weekends. Well known place, now with another branch in Antigua.
- Sunset Cafe, . at the foot of Calle Santander. The tables are located in an open room with gorgeous views over the lake. Cuisine includes Mexican and international dishes. Come for the view, not for the food - it's not that good. Prices are mid-range, with entrees at Q30-40. Enjoy an exotic cocktail or a variety of beers from the bar. The menu notes that their vegetables are disinfected and they use purified water for drinking water and ice. Live Music every night of the week.
- Anubis Grille, near the corner of Calle Principal and Calle de Arboles, makes the best burger in town and probably the best burger you've had in a while. Try the 'Hungry Wolf' Burger. Q40-50
- Dina's Chocolate, If you are a connoisseur of fine chocolates and sweets, make sure you search stop by the small store in downtown Pana, where the calle Santander forks into a "Y" A very special variety is the chile lime! Pricy, but a rare break from Nestle bars in this part of the world!
- Solomon's Porch, Inside Comercial El Dorado complex (town center-- intersection of Calle Principal and Calle Santander), . Tu- Sat, noon-- 10PM. The Porch is an internet Cafe and restaurant with live music on the weekends. It also has Pana's best projection cinema with over 500 original movie DVDs to choose from. Towards the bottom of Calle Santander and near the bus stop on Calle Principal there are a number of street vendors selling Tacos, Sweetcorn, Sweet nuts and other snack foods. These are a good cheap option for the budget traveller. The "food court" is on Calle Santander, in front of the elementary school (big curved roof), across the street from the Mayanet internet cafe. Street vendors an be found there all hours of the day and evening.
- The Last Resort, calle 14 de Febrero (right off of Santander on left, 20 m). Clean, quiet neighborhood place. Good food, good size portions. Q30-65.
- Ricassoli Pizza Steak House, Calle Santander, . Cuisine: Italian/Traditional Guatemalan. Provides a delicious typical breakfast plate for only Q18!
- Restaurante Hana, Calle 14 Febrero interior de Casa Cakchiquel (Near Calle Santander.), . 12-3PM 6-8PM Closed Mondays. Serves traditional Japanese dining in a beautiful, authentic Japanese restaurant. Located inside the historic Casa Cakchiquel.
Guatemala - Travel guide