Food & Restaurants in Kingston
- Jerk, curried, fricasséed or brown stew chicken, pork or fish
- Escoveitch fish—Warning, spicy!
- Ackee and saltfish (codfish) -- the national dish of Jamaica
- Curried mutton (goat)
- Fruit: Mangoes, sugar cane, paw-paw (papaya), guava, June plum, jackfruit, star apples, guinep, naseberries...
- Roasted corn
- Bammy Cakes. 5-inch diameter cakes made from cassava.
- Patties from a bakery (The Brick Oven at Devon House makes excellent curried chicken patties, and both Juici and Tastee are "fast food" patty restaurants. In Liguanea there's a vegetarian/vegan patty restaurant, across the parking lot from the Wendy's
- Devon House I Scream (ice cream)
- Tastee Patty, Juici Patties, Mother's - fast food, mostly "patties", though Mother's also does hamburgers and fried foods (Various places around town)
- Island Grill - upmarket Jamaican fast food and jerk in New Kingston.
- Jerk pans - see them on the street smelling good - get Jerked Chicken, rice and peas!
- Akbar, 11 Holborn Rd New Kingston 10, . Indian food served in a wonderful calm atmosphere. Sister Thai restaurant next door with equally pleasing menu
- Hope Gardens Vegetarian Restaurant (in the middle of Hope Gardens. You have to ask where it is as there is no external sign.). Basic vegetarian food with menu that varies daily. Nice garden setting. Excellent juices.USD10.
- Redbones Blues Cafe, 1 Argyle Road, Kingston 10, . Jazz & Blues themed Caribbean Fusion Cuisine restaurant & bar. Cultural Watering Hole with Live Music & Art Gallery
- Norma's on the Terrace, Devon House (At the back of the Devon House mansion in the shopping area.). Closed Sundays. Excellent upmarket restaurant with a fusion of Western and Jamaican cooking. Eat outside at large tables with very decorative flower arrangements.
- White Bones Seafood, 1 Mannings Hill Rd. M-Sa 11:30-23:00, Su 14:00-22:00. Highly recommended, but expensive, fish and seafood joint. Tuesdays are all-you-can-eat shellfish nights. JMD3,000.
Jamaica - Travel guide